Special categories

In the interest of maintaining the simplicity of the site, we want to be careful how many “special” categories we add. Help us by voting on/suggesting the most important ones! You can add up to 3 votes to the ideas you think are the most important.

Please add...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Wheelchair-friendly

For all restaurants that can be easily access with wheelchair

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We’d like to know from people in wheelchairs, what counts as wheelchair friendly? Is it enough if there’s space between tables and no stairs, or is a wheelchair-accessible bathroom also an absolute requirement? We are wondering because we are considering whether wheelchair-accessible and pram-accessible could be combined. If a wheelchair accessible bathroom is necessary, then they cannot be.

• Special diets taken into account

How the restaurant responds to customers with lactose intolerance, celiac disease, different allergies, low carb diet, fat free diet etc.

189 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)

As a concept this is a good idea, however how would you describe this label in a word or two? Would it be enough to just have “Special-diet-friendly” or would each diet need its own category?

If you voted for this, please comment on the above questions, otherwise figuring out how to implement this feature will be very difficult.

• Don't see your idea?

Special categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base